Search Engine Optimization(SEO) playing a critical role in knowing how your site ranks in search results. According to a survey, 82% of marketing professional see SEO effectiveness on the rise. But how do UX and SEO affect the ranking of your website?
Both UX and SEO deals with what a user sees and experiences online. SEO determines how a website is ranked in certain queries in a search engine.UX is more dependent on how the user finds and clicks the look and feels of the website.
How User Experience Affects Search Engine Rankings
Only humans can understand text, pictures and videos online. So the search engines rely on meta descriptions to understands what the page is all about. They consider evaluates such as links, keywords and site structures. But they also assess the website based on linking patterns and user engagement. User experiences providing a way of measuring the external popularities of the website.
Google which accounts for 71% of all desktop search traffic and over 92% of all mobile/tablet search traffic globally, develops its algorithms for the best search experience. The company is software engineers trying to strive to make the search engine to think like humans.
The Moz is a beginners guide to SEO outlines how search engines evaluate website.
How to create a successful User Experience
You are wondering how you can create a website which users perceive positively. When you incorporate certain tactics, search engines will take noticed and rank your website higher. Some recommendations you might consider
- Optimize your website for Google and your users. If you only follow Google is search engine algorithms, you can be in danger of becoming a spam environment. As Google evolving they pay greater attention to user experience. Although link building affects search traffic, you cannot sacrifice the user experience.
- Make your site easy to navigate. Your ranking will improve if you streamline your navigation. Integrating a sitemap will not only help Google’s bot to crawl the website better, but it will also help search engines to index it better. Users can also peruse your website better and click through. When you create a sitemap it reduces the number of clicks on any page.
- Create relevant, actionable and compelling content. According to strategists, high-quality content and link building represents the two most important factors by which search engines rank your website. To create the right rankings, Google checks to see where a user clicks on search results and how long the user stays on the page.
- Placed your Quality content to benefit both SEO and UX. When a user clicks on your website, they do not want to feel overwhelmed by texts on the website. You may find it betters to grab their attention by doing something brief. However, search engines finding it easier to index long text articles. So you may want to including graphic elements at the top of your web pages and long text content at the bottom.
- Design a robust network of links. High-quality sites organically earn more links than low-quality sites. Show Google that you serve the search engine criteria of high-quality sites, you should try to have links from authoritative sites in your field.
- Develop a responsive design. You want your site to be accessible from all screens and devices. In accordance, most users are relying on smartphones to do their searches. In additions to streamlining access,mobile-responsive designs convey a quality UX to Google bots.